Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baby Signing Time


My good friend, Melinda started teaching her daughter sign language when she was a baby. I couldn't believe Rylin's communication and vocabulary when she was one. When I was pregnant with Jocelynn I decided I wanted to do the same thing. I started when she was 3 months old and the DVDs are called "Baby Signing Time." She loved to watch it. When she was 8 months old I remember putting her to bed and she signed to me "Eat." I said "James she just signed to me!!" It was amazing! Throughout the months we have gotten more DVDs and she loves them and now knows over 30 signs. I have an aunt and uncle that are deaf and a cousin. It has been so great for me also to learn. I have taken a class, read books but nothing has been as great as these DVDs. I definitely recommend it!  This was her a couple months ago, showing me some signs.

1 comment:

Sundbergs said...

Too cute. Hey we can never see too much Jocelynn