Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Play Dough and Beans!

I remember being in a child development class and hearing that different textures are very stimulating to babies. I forgot about that but my sister Jamie, reminded me of the fun that I could have with her. So we had some fun with play dough and beans. Of course we had to be close to her so she wouldn't put it in her mouth but she really liked squeezing the play dough in her fingers. This is a great recipe. (That is drool on her shirt, I guess it looked good to eat)
Play Dough Recipe:
Flour - 3 cups
Salt - 1 and 1/2 cups
Water - 3 cups
Veg. Oil - 2 TB
Cream of Tartar - 1 TB

Stir ingredients in a pan on the stove and mix until it forms a ball.
We bought these beans for our food storage. :) We haven't canned them yet so we decided to have Jocelynn play in them. We decided we would still eat them if we were really hungry. She wasn't quite sure what to do with them.
She closes her fists and tightens her legs when she is really excited. Thanks Jamie . . .Jocelynn thanks u too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss that little girl so much. I am glad she enjoyed that stuff. I wish I did that stuff more with Jordyn, but I have learned it's the small things like that you don't want to let pass by. Love you guys.

Sundbergs said...

That is so cute. I love her in the beans, and I lvoe the picuture of her kissing herself in the mirror. She is just growing up so fast.

Todd Family said...

haha, i love when she gets excited! it's so funny! i love the beans...oh and i love how in all of the kissing pictures she is closing her eyes! oh no! :) she is so funny!

Tait said...

The bottom pic looks like she is sitting in kitty litter..lol..Cali would have shoved them in her mouth