Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I always knew that James would be a wonderful father! That was a characteristic I loved about him when we were dating. I thought to myself "he would be a good father to my children someday!" He is gentle, kind, and funny. He loves Jocelynn. From the moment she was born, he was good about getting her to sleep. She always felt at ease in the arms of her dad! He has always been a concerned dad. The first night she was home from the hospital, it was 2am and she would not stop crying, my mom was spending the night and between the both of us she wouldn't stop, James half asleep gets up from the bed and said "Does she have socks on?" I know if I'm not feeling good I want to wear socks! We could not stop laughing!
Jocelynn got up at 530am on Fathers Day. I fed her and she went back to sleep. I decided to stay up and make him breakfast in bed: cheese and bell pepper omelette, sausage, hash browns, crescent, apple crepe, fruit, and orange juice. He enjoyed it.
Jocelynn loves the minute James gets home from work. They just play and play.

This was after church one Sunday, we were all exhausted and all took a nap together.
Happy Fathers Day, James! We love u!

5 comments:

kirkncali said...

James, I think you are a good dad too. Happy Father's Day! When am I going to lay the smack down at chess again? You keep hiding...

Todd Family said...

YAY for JAMES!! you are a great father! and JOCELYNN IS SO FREAKIN CUTE!! i want to squeeze her cheeks! (all four of them!) :)

Rachel Kirk said...

ok, i think that picture of them sleeping is the best!

aprilaleman said...

I love the sock comment, it actually made me laugh out loud, but it was sweet at the same time!

Heidi said...

Yeah cute and fun...we are going to the beach tommorow!