Friday, October 18, 2013

Jaxon Jamal Ward July 27, 2013

This was the very first picture taken of me that night. This was probably 30-45 seconds after Jaxon came. With that smile you would have never guessed I just had him naturally. I was so happy though, it was an amazing experience!
He pooped while in me so they called in a team to be there after he was born. As soon as he was born the midwife cut the cord and quickly brought him to them. It was all so fast. Daddy usually cuts the cord but it was so intense and chaotic. It happened so fast.





I'm being stitched up here. Sorry if that's too much info.


Holding my baby for the first time.
Contracting and possibly passing the placenta. I had to give Jaxon back to the nurse because the pain was bad.
All better, back in my arms.




Jaxon's birth story was amazing. I love the whole experience of giving birth. I look forward to it and the anticipation of seeing my baby is just so exciting. The Tuesday before I had Jaxon I had a dr appt and I was dilated to a 3. I didn't have her strip my membranes because I had a baby shower that night and wanted to enjoy my time. The next day Grandma Kirk went with me and we returned some things and I was up organizing everything. I felt so much pressure. I knew he would be there soon and if I did too much he would be here sooner. Thursday I had a YW meeting and I remember feeling so much pressure and even contracting. That night I went to BJs with some girls and walking to the car was tough and I knew it was close. That night I did not sleep good, even felt a little sick. All that morning i wasn't feeling good. My friend DeeDee came over to visit me and later for lunch I went to lunch with some friends. I was doing too much and kept getting contractions. James came home by 4pm that day. He had a meeting in Ontario. By 6pm I was having contractions about every 15 minutes. I remember James was on the phone with his friend from work and I was getting so irritated because the kids needed to go to bed and I was having contractions. He had no idea though :) When you are in labor anything can be irritating. I couldn't time the contractions. I told my mom that I would let her know when they are 8 minutes apart. They would be every 10 minutes or 15. There was no consistency. We put the kids to bed and I asked James for a blessing because I wasn't feeling well. I decided to take a shower. I knew it was happening and looking back now I should have gone in then but I was waiting for the contractions to be closer together. Kaiser likes you to come in when you are 5 minutes apart. I went in when I was 5 minutes apart with Carter and had him in 3 and a half hours so I wanted to come in a little earlier since it was my third and I tested positive for strp B so needed antibiotics in me. I fell asleep at 10pm but was woken to a contraction at 11pm. I felt one at 11pm and then at 11:08pm I decided to call Kaiser. The nurse said how close are they. I said I couldn't time them. She said we like them to be 5 minutes apart. Then I said wait I just had one a minute ago. Then the pain was constant. She said you can come down if you would like and we can check you. I got off the phone and said James we got to go now. The pain was non stop. I was crouched over, on the floor. I went downstairs and used the restroom. My mom came right over and the way to the hospital the contractions were constant. James dropped me off in thr front and parked the car. He ran to get a wheelchair and we rushed in. We got in and they gave us the first room and a gown and a cup to pee in. They were so casual and calm. I'm thinking people move it, I'm in labor. I couldn't pee I was in pain. I put the cup down and tried getting the gown on but the faucet was automatic. I was holding the sink during a contraction and the gown got all wet. I threw it to James to get another one. The nurse came in and started asking me a ton of questions. She was being very quick because she could tell I was in active labor. I kept saying I wanted an epidural and she would say, she would do the best she could. She checked me and said, honey you are an 8!" I couldn't believe it. James said Oh my gosh! I said Oh no, because I kept thinking it's too late for an epidural and I'm scared. I kept saying please get an epidural, please. The midwife came in asking more questions. She said "wow you have big babies and said how big they are and my nurses eyes got big, probably because she knew I was about to have him naturally." She said to the mid wife. "If her water breaks, the baby is coming." Seconds later my water breaks. I said my water broke. The baby pooped in me so she said I wouldn't be able to hold the baby. The team needs to check him. James was by my side the whole time, rubbing my shoulders. She looked at me and said "You will not be getting an epidural, but I will help you through this." I was so scared. I didn't know the pain I was about to experience. I went to my side and she said if you need to push then push. I pushed with all my might and screamed. The midwife said stop screaming, the head is out give me one more push and he will be here. I said ok. I pushed as hard as I could. I just wanted him out and here. He came out and I had instant relief and no pain. I was amazed at what my body just did. My body was doing it all. It was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had. It was a testimony to me of how powerful women are. Our Heavenly Father has blessed us to give birth to children. It was so beautiful. James and I kept saying to each other, did that just happen? We couldn't believe it. We got to the hospital at 12:45am and had him at 1:10am. Contractions were really bad and painful. An hour after having him, I was in a lot of pain. I told the nurse I have had clots with the others. She looked concerned and started pushing, pounding on my stomach. That was just as painful as having him. I passed clots and she said I need to do this until they all come out. I kept grabbing her arm so James had to hold my arms while she pushed on my stomach. It hurt so bad. I had to take medicine, and poticin, so my uterus would continue to contract. I was shaking and felt like I needed to throw up. Finally that was over and I felt much better. We got to another room at 5am. After I nursed him and nurses coming in it was about 7am before I fell asleep. The nurse said good thing we didn't wait longer at home. I was grateful for my nurse. She gave me so much confidence and I felt like I could do it! I was grateful for the experience. He was 9 pounds 9 ounces. 

No comments: