Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Schools out!!!



Funny things I find Jocelynn doing to Carter and he doesn't care. Iguana on his head.

Wow! The past couple of months. I'd say 3 months to be exact has been . . . interesting. I started school when Carter was one month. What was I thinking? I don't know. Right before I got pregnant with him I decided for sure what I want to do when I go back to work. Before I had Jocelynn I was working at Ontario High School and going to school to be a Special Education teacher. I loved working with students with disabilities. I remember going to my friend's house and she had a baby (this is before Jocelynn) and she was telling me she thought about going to school to be a Speech Pathologist. The next day I was thinking about that and was watching the speech pathologist in our classroom and thought that would be a good job. I continued with school and started the credential program. We decided to have Jocelynn and it didn't feel right staying in the program. Seeing what the Special Education teachers go through I wasn't as excited to become one. Anyhow, sounds funny but because my friend wanted to pursue this, I felt I couldn't. Through prayer I realized this was what I wanted to do and became REALLY happy about it. She didn't care and I signed up for a class last semester when I was pregnant at Santa Ana College. I loved the class. I asked people in the class where they were going to school and everyone wanted to get into Cal State Fullerton. Out of everyone, I was the only one accepted. I didn't think I could do that though and be away from home so much. Someone else mentioned Utah State! It was an answer to prayer. I could start the program at home, online. So I was in the nesting stage of pregnancy and thinking I could get so much done and accomplish everything. I thought I could do it!! The semester started out fine but one month into it, both kids got sick!! The only time I could work on school work was when both kids were asleep. When kids are sick they rarely sleep and if they do they are in your arms. My mom came over to visit and I was crying. She said why are you doing this? I looked online and it was the last day to drop a class. I decided to drop one class. I'm so glad I did. One class was hard enough but we made it through. I loved the class though!! I remember one night imparticular, Jocelynn was fighting sleep, James was away on a business trip and I had a test the next day. I got Carter to bed at 1030pm went to bed at 1am, he woke up at 2am and I got up again at 4am to study.
She loves his cheeks!
Jocelynn wanted to make a birds nest. We got leaves, paper, sticks etc from outside and made mud and mixed it together. She loved it!
Carter eating rice cereal. He liked it! and slept 8 hrs that night.

1 comment:

Todd Family said...

Hooray for Utah State! :) You'll have to go to campus one day to visit and to become a true aggie with james! :) I'm so happy that you are on your way to doing something that you'll love!! I still think you (and Jamie) are amazing for going to school with all your kids! I LOVE all those pictures of jocelynn with carter too! I love how he thinks she is so funny and will just sit and stare at her! man, it's so cute!