Thursday, December 23, 2010

Santa picture

So last year at Christmas time, I was 2 months pregnant, catering a Christmas/ birthday party and cooking for our business. I was so busy and nauseous and tired. Christmas came and went. I made sure this Christmas I was going to enjoy it. We went and took pictures with Santa at the mall. Jocelynn wrote a letter to Santa. It was the cutest. We even put it in the mailbox. She was excited to see him. It was hard taking them by myself. I couldn't take the picture and get them to look at me and the lady wasn't helping me at all. I was glad we got a picture though.

We've also talked about the story of Jesus this month. I think she knows the story pretty well. I have a child's nativity set and a magnetic kind on the refrigerator. She told me last night she wants Jesus to be a baby again and she doesn't want him big. We went caroling tonight. Here are some family traditions I'd love to continue throughout the years

  • Elves bring Christmas pajamas the day we decorate the house for Christmas
  • Baking and caroling as a family
  • Santa picture at the mall
  • Story of Jesus and act it out
  • Open their own ornament on Christmas Eve
  • Lights
  • Letter to Santa
  • I would like to do some type of service also

I LOVE Christmas!

We went to my parent's Ward Christmas party. Which will be our ward in a couple weeks. Jocelynn was tired, as you can tell in the picture. I'm so grateful for my mom and dad.

1 comment:

Todd Family said...

for some reason i never realized you were going to be in the 4th ward. it's a really good ward, i think you'll really like it!! i love thinking of new traditions!