Saturday, October 30, 2010

Good bye Skirts!

So these skirts have some significants and today I made the decision to give them to DI. I have always loved fashion, , make up, skin care, hair ever since I was a little girl. I remember doing runway walks with my sister in the hall, and make overs etc. I used to put mayonaise in my hair and egg yolk on my face when I was younger. They are supposed to be natural ingredients that help your skin and hair. In High School I had bad acne and braces (with a missing tooth). I believe that was my time to grow beautiful in the inside. I can recall walking into a room and feeling as if everyone was looking at my face or not wanting to smile because of my missing tooth. I learned humility, empathy, sensitivity to others and self esteem comes from within. I remember after my braces were off and acne cleared up and coming to school my Junior year. I felt like a million bucks. These were a couple skirts I bought when I was feeling so good.

After High School, life went on and I got married. We were going to school, saving for a house, had kids and somewhere along the way I forgot about me. I love to shop, even window shopping and that's what I've done throughout the years. I picture the outfits I would buy and what I would wear. My sister in law Katrina gave me the motivation to make that time for me again. Check out her blog kitschbykat.blogspot.com My husband has always told me to get stuff for myself but as a mom, you feel guilty. I thought to myself today, when am I going to start? I decided to get rid of these skirts that I've had for over 10 years and to go shopping. Although I don't think material things and your outward appearance is what is most important but like my sis in law said, "It gives us confidence!" and I'm all about a woman having confidence. James gets a day off of work next week and is watching the kids while I shop. I have some weight to lose from having Carter but that starts next week also. Carter is 3 months and I can start taking him to Kids Klub so I can work out. I'm really excited and can't wait to feel like I did when my acne was gone and braces were off. . . . a million bucks!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Good for you!

Todd Family said...

jenn...love you so much! you are such a wonderful example!! i'm so happy for you!! those skirts bring back so many memories for me too! like borrowing them for church dances and efy! :) love you!

Jessica said...

i loved this whole post, it was fun to learn a little more about you since we are really "friends of friends" but everything you said about doing what you can to feel like a million bucks is so true. It is SO hard to go out and by things for yourself when it's so much eaiser to spend the money on stuff the family "needs" but since you can make that judgment (that you aren't always spending money on you) makes it so much more special and meaninful when you get to...i hope you get to find a few cute outfits to replace those skirts and to build some new memories...