Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reading to her baby


Since Jocelynn was a baby I've always read her books before naps and bedtime. She loves her books and has a lot of them memorized because we have read them so much. I caught her reading this book to her baby and she does know it word for word. Whenever she catches me trying to record her she starts to act silly. She amazes me with her memory. At a year and a half she knew her letters and the sound each letter makes. She now spells out words and says a word and the letter it starts with. We are working on sight words and I know before we know it she'll be reading. Amazing how much information a toddler's mind can take in at this age.

2 comments:

Todd Family said...

i was amazed when she was so little and "reading" "if you give a mouse a cookie"...she cracks me up. she is amazingly smart, that's for sure!

The Little family said...

Jen she is so so cute! The video is adorable and it made me lol:) Loved it.