Friday, August 6, 2010

1st Week

I can't believe a week ago today, Carter was born! Please time slow down. It's been a wonderful week. I'm trying to enjoy every moment holding him and kissing those sweet cheeks. I'm so in love with this little man. He makes me melt. We've had a couple nights where he has been up for awhile but I think that was before my milk came in.
  • Loves to be swaddled
  • Takes his pacifier
  • Loves to eat
  • Grunts and squirms when he has a dirty diaper or gas
  • Smiles a lot, when he's sleeping and eating
  • Stares at his sister when she talks to him (he's thinking hey I know that voice!)


Jocelynn has been wonderful to her little brother. The day I came home she wanted to feed him, burp him, and was super excited to get me wipes and a diaper. At one time she helped me change his diaper and wipe his bum until it took awhile and he started peeing everywhere. The day he peed everywhere on my sheets I changed the sheets and came in the room to find this. She was kissing him. They were staring at each other and she was talking to him.
I can tell they are already going to have a close bond as brother and sister.
A couple times I have really missed Jocelynn. I'm just so used to spending all my time with her. I know as time goes on I will get used to it.

Jocelynn has said some funny things this week. She has funny questions and comments I don't want to forget, mostly about nursing. One day she asked, pointing to my chest. What's that mom? Is that your belly button? Will it go away? She also asked pointing to my chest, "Is there juice and water in there too or just milk?"
Surprisingly his first bath was good. I washed his hair first while he was swaddled and then washed his bum while his arms were swaddled and then his arms. Love the smell of a clean baby!

James has been amazing. He has made breakfast. Gets up with Jocelynn in the morning and has been cleaning the house. Not just picking up, he said the other day "I'm going to mop the floors and wash the windows!" He also always gives me water while I'm nursing. He's wonderful!
This is where he sleeps. My friend let me borrow her co sleeper and love it. I don't need to get out of bed to feed him. I just reach over and he's right there. This is where he spends most of the day. Thanks Melinda! What I love most about not being pregnant anymore is being able to sleep on my stomach! It's wonderful. Overall it's been a wonderful week and I know he's going to get big fast so doing my best to just enjoy this time with him!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family you have. And it sounds like a wonderful husband especially..... So happy for you. Such a cute little boy..

Anonymous said...

By the way Jennifer that was me Cindy Davey who left the first comment....

Susie Demke said...

That last post made me cry. I laughed picturing James hee hee hooing to help you breath.
I understand exactly what you mean when you talk about missing Jocelyn. I feel that way about all the kids after a new baby and I also have moments when I miss my husband as well. Even though we are all together in one house. But you can get what I'm trying to explain.
It's all your time tied up with one person when there are so many other people you love just as much around.
I'm so happy for your family and I am SO glad we are friends. I just adore you.

Kristin Milius said...

So stinkin cute!....I wanna kiss those cheeks!

The Little family said...

Jen he is precious. I'm so happy for you guys. Jocelyn is adorable with her baby brother..love the new pictures:)

Sundbergs said...

Enjoy every moment with those sweet kids of yours. They are precious.

Anonymous said...

Loved the video!!!

IzzieGuire said...

awwww... look @ all that hair & those cheeks!!! He is beautiful Jen. And it's so sweet to see your babies interacting.

The Hardy's said...

love the new pictures! And I love the video clip! Especially with what Jocelynn is saying! Such a good big sister! Glad you guys are doing well!