Wednesday, May 19, 2010

29 weeks (30 tomorrow)

I got to see a good friend of mine who I grew up with last week. It's fun being pregnant together. This pregnancy has flown by and I really want time to slow down. I know I say that often but it's the truth. This is really the best time of my life. The first 4 months were hard but now I'm enjoying it. Sounds weird because it's the end but I love how I can feel him move so much. I love how I can feel the different body parts and James and Jocelynn can watch him move. I love knowing I have a sweet, innocent baby inside of me. My friend gave me a DVD to watch called the "Business of Birth" and got me so excited. Basically a long version of a Baby story. (I think I will write in another post about it because it is inspiring.) Giving birth to Jocelynn (giving birth period) is something no mother forgets. I look forward to what it's going to be like with Carter and the moment to share with my husband.
I have the nesting feeling bad and I'm probably driving James crazy. I want everything organized and I don't even have much for him. I've been organizing closets and trying to get as much as I can ready. We both talked the other night how in 2 months our loves will change again. That we'll have to adjust to what it'll be like as a family of 4. It's sad to think that we won't have that one on one time with Jocelynn anymore. I know she'll love having a brother but I also know that she can be demanding also so I'm sure it'll take time for her to get used to the idea that someone else is getting mom and dad's attention. 10 weeks to go. School ends next week. James will be gone on a business trip next week and the first week of June! Jocelynn is in swimming classes for the next 5 weeks. So basically he'll be here before we know it. I feel blessed!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

man i just wrote a comment and then my internet decided to quit so here i am again lol the conclusion of it was.
-you look great
-you inspire me to do more with riley, educationaly, get more creative to get her more interested etc
-you sound like a great mom
-you should be proud!
hehe, keep it up!

IzzieGuire said...

you look beautiful Jen! ahhh... the nesting period..FUN! :) You will be amazed by Jocelyn's ability to adjust to a new sibling. Kids are amazing that way! I wish you well during your last month.. & lots of quiet moments to savor the day!

Todd Family said...

JENN!! Seriously...it's so weird for us, i can't imagine what it feels like for you guys!! i can't imagine having carter here, but then when he is here, it's going to be weird to think of just Jocelynn in your family!! We are so excited! jocelynn is such a sweet girl, i think she'll love Carter and be a total Mom! :) can't wait to see your sweet belly next week! love you!