Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Where has the time gone?

Time has flown by super fast. A lot has been going on and I need to get back into blogging, especially because I print these out the end of the year. I think there are 3 reasons why I have been laggin with blogging 1.) my camera stinks. It doesn't take good pictures. We got this camera almost 6 years ago and we're in need of a new one. 2.) Jocelynn, the whole month of January and couple weeks of Feb was sleeping HORRIBLE. I was exhausted all day long and taking care of a whining toddler (she's all good now). 3.) In my free time, just want to do nothing. (blame that on being pregnant).

This first pic is of Jocelynn and Gabrielle. We go see Gabrielle every couple weeks. Jocelynn is really close with Grandma Alice and Uncle Phil (Close friends of ours). We love to visit them
We really go to the park almost 4 times a week. She loves the park and being outdoors. There are usually 3 main parks we go to.
My friend told me about this gymnastics place in Moreno Valley. $4 for an hour. They have the neatest stuff. Jocelynn loved it! She loved jumping in this foam, sometimes she'd get stuck and I'd have to save her.
Feb 15 we went to the beach for a couple of hours. It was such a beautiful warm day. We even saw a seal playing in the sand.
I love my little girl so much. It dawned on me today that I only have 20 more weeks alone with just her and I during the day. Made me kind of sad. Like I said earlier, she transitioned to a toddler bed and was doing fine the first 2 weeks and then it got bad. She was getting up and I'd put her back in bed. Tantrums would last forever because she didn't want to go to bed. Every night would take an hour to get her in bed. Sometimes she would wake up all throughout the night and throw tantrums in the middle of the night. I was exhausted. During the day she was all over the place . . . because she was tired. She would kick, hit, scream. I thought "what happened to my sweet girl." I knew that because she was not getting the proper sleep she needed that she was acting this way. I bought a gate and wish I did this sooner. I put the gate up and said goodnight and the first couple times she cried for a long time, of course I did too. Who wants their child to cry??? but I stuck with it and am so glad I did. The 3rd night she said "don't put the gate up!" I said "don't get out of your bed then." SHe hasn't and we haven't had to use the gate. She goes right to bed and it takes 5 minutes. It has made a difference in my energy, in her behavior during the day and even in my relationship with my husband. Most importantly, Jocelynn and I are able to once again enjoy our time together during the day because she is rested and happy. She is like her mom, she needs her sleep!

1 comment:

IzzieGuire said...

awww...that's hard! But glad everyone is sleeping better now & happier during the day! Makoa still sleeps w/ me & Bubbah just started to! Poor Nofo got kicked to the floor! :( It'll be a sad sad day when the boys have to sleep in their own beds in their own rooms! Boo hoo hoo.