Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fingerpainting

This all looks like a big mess but it actually wasn't. This idea to fingerpaint all started at the Kirk family reunion. The shirt Jocelynn's wearing we made. It really started when my friend Violet wanted to paint her feet when she was 6 months old. She wanted little Leprechaun feet in her classroom for St Patricks Day. Jocelynn hated her feet painted. Well at the reunion she didn't want to touch it or have anything to do with it. I was surprised because she loves dirt and feeling the sand.

I thought I better get some fingerpaint so she knows it's ok and fun. I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a mature one year old. She sat quietly at the table and started using her hands. She only put it on the paper (I had 2 towels close). She loved it. Here's her first art work of fingerpaint.

3 comments:

Erin G. said...

That's so cute! Max would have been painting the walls and windows behind him. You are lucky!

Ange said...

That looks like so much fun, and you are so brave! I would be afraid Livy would try to paint the house and the dogs!!!

Todd Family said...

Jocelynn is really mature for her age! she cracks me up! i want to paint with her next time! :)