Sunday, January 18, 2009

Skyline!!!!


Melinda, Rachel and I at Skyline on Saturday!

Thanks to many people for motivation, I have started to consistently work out. I have always loved to excercise but I haven't been able to find that balance since Jocelynn. I had the desire but could not get a schedule of doing it. I would miss a week and then start up again and then miss a couple more weeks. I could tell my mood was changing, I wasn't as happy and my energy was low.  After months of complaining about not working out, I finally did something about it. I tried setting my alarm at 545am and go work out before Jocelynn got up but it was not realistic. 4 days a week I've been going to the gym in the morning and Jocelynn goes to Kids Klub and every Saturday I have committed myself to hiking Skyline. 
The Todd family motivated me in wanting to hike and Laurie and Rachel introduced me to Skyline. It is so beautiful and a hard climb!! I love it and we have been going every week. I hope to continue . . .I will continue! :) I haven't felt this good in a long time.  My goal is by the end of the year to be able to run it all the way up!!!

5 comments:

Todd Family said...

GOOD JOB! I am so proud of you Jenn! Seriously it's really awesome of what you have been doing! Keep up the great work! The Skyline is BEAUTIFUL! We'll have to do it when we are in Corona...Thanks for coming over yesterday too! We love when you guys stop by!!

Anonymous said...

I will have to do it with ya next time we are out to Cali. I am proud of you for making time for yourself. Every mother needs it...you are right...it is all about balance!

Sarah said...

That looks really fun...post info on where it is! Great job being motivated--I know you'll keep it up too!

Sundbergs said...

That was so fun. keep up the good work.

The Little family said...

Good Job Jen!! I love that hike, I want to go with you one day k:)