Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Playdates!

Mommy and Jocelynn's matching boots
Carter with his favorite friend, Paytin
Carter and Tyler
Jocelynn and Celah Her friend from preschool! She loves having friends over to play

Last April James took a new job offered to him. With that new job came new responsibilities, a new commitment and a longer commute. He drives from Corona to Monrovia everyday. Just today it dawned on me how tough it has been and how much I miss him being home by 530pm. He leaves around 6am every morning and gets home at 7pm-730 every night. I have gotten used to it but there are some days . . . like today . .. . when moving right next to his job seems like something we should do. We aren't . . . we've talked about it and that's not happening but somedays I wish we were right next door. He's been working hard. The commute is about an hr and 15 minutes. We've both been working hard and I believe that it will pay off. He loves this work he has been doing which makes me happy. He works for an Energy Consulting firm. My days are filled with grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, playing with the kids and working on different things with them. My grandma moved down the street a couple months ago and we spend almost everyday visiting her. In the evenings, I work on school and trying to get this home to look like a home. I'm grateful for these trials though because I know that we are growing and becoming stronger!

3 comments:

Todd Family said...

u are such a great mom!! i'm impressed by both of your hard work!!

Heidi said...

Wow that is hard. I know I am calling Ned everyday about 5 and saying WHERE ARE YOU!? Just ready to see him and ready for a break with the kids and ready to eat. So I admire you for doing it, because I know that must be really hard. You are a good mom!

Sundbergs said...

Jenn you are a wonderful wife and mother. The sacrifice is so hard, but I know blessing will come. Thanks for being a great friend to me too.