Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Night Before Christmas

The beginning of December came and everyone was getting their trees up and lights up, not us. My parents were moving out the 9th or 10th and our Christmas decoration were still in storage. I could tell Jocelynn was having a hard time. She did not want me to forget that Christmas was coming. Finally on the 12th or 13th we got the decorations us. THe first of December I thought I needed to do something so she knew it was coming. I found something online called an advent book calendar. Every night you read a new Christmas story. I thought it would be expensive buying new books so we went to 3 different libraries and I found all the Christmas books I could find. This got her really excited. I wrapped each one in tissue paper, even Carter looked forward to opening a new story every night. The last book I saved was "The Night Before Christmas." On Christmas Day we read the story of Jesus.
We left cookies out and carrots and green beans for the reindeer.
The night we decorate the house the elves leave pajamas every year on the doorstep. They wear the pjs the month of december. I loved the reindeer feet!
The night before christmas they got to open their ornaments. Carter got a dog paw print ornament that says 2011 and we put his picture in it and Jocie got a Rapunzel ornament because she loves Tangled.

The love each other so much!
James sister and family came to visit from AZ. The kids had a blast playing with Keona! We loved having them here!

No comments: