Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jewelyn Cid Okamoto Aug. 28 1973-Sept 27 2009

Sept 27, 2009 my friend's wife passed away from giving birth. I didn't find out of her passing until Tuesday Oct. 6th.

Sunday Oct 4th I gave a lesson on Charity. I prepared all week for this talk. I believe when we are asked to give talks or have callings in church they are to help us grow as individuals. Teaching this topic truly prepared me and helped me grow. Charity is the "pure love of Christ." It's kind, compassionate, service, love, forgiveness, etc. Teaching this made me want to make more of an effort to reach out to others. . . to reach out to Phil and his new baby girl Gabrielle.

Phil was my friend at Ontario High School. Before they were married he would often talk about her. Phil is such a kind, humble man and his wife is the same. They just have this sweet spirit about them.

I met Gabrielle Emi Okamoto today. I've made a commitment to be in this child's life! She reminds me a lot of Jocelynn when she was a newborn (lots of hair) and a cute Filipina nose. I don't know why this happened but I do know that I have a testimony that families can be together forever. I have a testimony that our Savior lived and died for us that we can have eternal life. This life on earth is so short and there is so much sadness and heartache. Let's all continue to make an effort to reach out to those we know and don't know. We are brothers and sisters on a journey called life. Let's comfort one another and lift each other up! Please pray for Phil and his daughter Gabrielle. Here's a touching song that someone wrote to Phil about Gabrielle. The site below has a place for donations if anyone is interested.


3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

That just breaks my heart that she died during child birth. It reminds me of another song where the Mom dies during childbirth. Such a rare thing to even happen these days. But what a blessing to the Father to have part of his wife with him all the time now, with his beautiful daughter.

IzzieGuire said...

OMG Jenn! I can't imagine... it makes me think of my husband & my babies & the love I have for them that it's impossible to picture my life WITHOUT them! YOu can't help but feel for your friend & that baby girl. I am soooo sorry. I am very proud of you for reaching out to them during such a difficult time.

Sundbergs said...

What a hard situation. I am so glad you have been able to reach out to him and his daughter. We will keep him in our prayers.