Sunday, February 10, 2013

Christmas 2012












I had been without my wedding ring for months. I had a beautiful center diamond. MOnths ago I came out of the shower and noticed it was gone. I was sad but surprisingly it didn't bother me much. I have learned over the years that material things really don't matter. It's wonderful to have, fun but not what's most important. That morning I did the dishes, started laundry and took a shower so I was pretty confident it was down the drain. I missed having a ring on my finger. I finally got it back on Christmas Eve. This meant a lot to me especially because 10 years ago that is when James asked me to marry him on Christmas Eve. I was so happy to have my ring bacK!







We had a wonderful Christmas. Jocelynn had 3 weeks of school off. We didn't do too much and it was nice. We went to Dos Lagos so the kids could have a pic with Santa. On Christmas Eve we went to look at lights. We did the 25 Christmas books again this year. We have had this tree since we were first married almost 10 years ago, even most of the ornaments. SOmeday I would love a big fancy tree but the kids love it and I never have to worry about broken ornaments :) The kids were so excited. Jocelynn was nervous all month that SAnta wouldn't come. I had to reassure her that I thought she had been a good girl and I believe that he would come. She got up at 615am Christmas morning. I could hear her running down the stairs. She ran upstairs and said "he came mom, he came!!" She was so excited. Her favorite present was her fur real walking dog and Carter loved his superhero figures from Melinda and his Spiderman. We had a nice breakfast of cinnamon rolls and a breakfast casserole. My mom and grandma came over to visit and then we went to my mom's for dinner. My mom gave up each copies of pictures and videos from when we were little. We watched some of them and it was pretty funny. I'm so grateful for my Savior, for his birth but more importantly his life. I'm grateful to be able to talk and teach my children about their Savior. We brought our neighbors some treats and I was so touched when a neighbor brought us tamales and the next day our neighbor brought us clementines. 

No comments: